review day #1

Today in class we reviewed for the test on Monday. We started reviewing the first slideshow that we did at the beginning on the lesson. We already had a quiz on everything that we learned on this slide but all of this information will also be on the upcoming test. I did pretty well on the quiz that we had a few weeks ago so I think that this part of the test will be relatively easy. I took notes while we were reviewing. I wrote down everything that Mr. Schick said could possibly be a test question. Some of the things that are that there are 7.6 billion people int the world and that 90% of the population growth takes place in the developing countries. I also noted that I would have to know the year that we hit the billions of people in the world and how many years are in between the years that we hit billions. We also have to know that the highest life expectancy in the world is in Monaco and that women's life expectancy is higher than men's life expectancy. Some vocabulary that we have to know is crude birth rate, crude death rate and rate of natural increase. We also will have to do some math on the quiz. We will have to subtract the crude death rate from the crude birth rate to get the rate of natural increase and tell if a countries population is going up or down. We have to know all about migration and immigration and emigration and some push and pull forces in different countries. We also have to know about total fertility rate (tfr) and that every woman has to have a total fertility rate of 2.1 in order to keep the population in the country the same. The last thing that we have to know is that total fertility rate in the world is 2.42. This means that the population in the world is going up slowly.

I think that I will do well on this test but I know that I will still need to study this weekend to ensure that I will have everything memorized before the test.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last day

Guns, Germs and Steel Day 2

Guns Germs and Steel Day 6